Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Last Christmas...

I decided to save money by making some crochet stuff. There's this family that has become very close to my family and we spend many of the major holidays together. I made their oldest son, Joseph, a crochet monkey from the Vanna's Choice Easy Crochet Critters book. He loves animals.

(I wish I had taken close-up photos of the monkey...)

Just a month before Christmas, his mom, Rachel, gave birth to a baby boy. His name's Daniel and I crocheted him fuzzy blue booties for the cold Utah winters. I used soft fluffy light blue yarn to help keep the baby's toesies warm.
(...the booties too.)
Booties pattern: Bev's Very Easy Booties

For Rachel, I crocheted her a thick headband.


 I had made a headband earlier for someone else and I thought it would be a great Christmas gift to give. Here is the first headband I made which was given to Donna's friend, Janice.

I loved how these headbands came out. I think I made the first one a little big but the second one (Rachel's) was a little better in size. The button I used for these headbands really made them look great. It helped to keep them securely fastened too. I found this pattern on YouTube and it was created by bobwilson123. Here is the link to the video tutorial: http://youtu.be/HJLIsyyn_CM

No comments:

Post a Comment