Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baked Goods

For this post, I want to post some of the baked goods I've made in the past that turned out really good.

These are cake pops that Donna and I made along with some of Donna's friends.
These turned out particularly cute because Donna and I decorated these ;)

This is a cookie monster sugar cookie that Donna and I also made together.
This cookie is one that I decorated. We couldn't find an electric blue food coloring so we had to make do with a regular blue which made the frosting look too light. But it still turned out cute.

I made this vertical layer cake for a BBQ. It was time-consuming but it came out pretty.

This is a tiramisu cake I make very often for parties and other gatherings. The decorating isn't my best but it still tasted awesome as always. I have another picture below that is better decorated.


These two tarts were made by Donna. She had a Sterling Scholar competition and had to make something to present to judges in order to be chosen Sterling Scholar for her category. I did help her to design these tarts to make it visually appealing because the judges do not actually eat the presentations.

This is the tiramisu cake as shown earlier but decorated completely different. It was for Rachel's baby's 100 day celebration. A baby's 100 day anniversary is significant to Koreans and is usually celebrated grandly. The cake is the same recipe as the one shown before but with extra confectioner's sugar in the frosting for extra stability. I decorated the cake with pirouette cookies all around, alternating chocolate and vanilla cookies, and tied with a ribbon. The ribbon is actually two different ribbons glued together. I really liked the footprint pattern on this one ribbon but it was too skinny so I glued it to the center of a thicker ribbon. On top of the cake, I spelled out the baby's name with blue sugar pearls and baked sugar cookies in the shape of "100" and placed it on top as cake toppers.

These cupcakes were also made for the 100 day celebration. Donna baked the cupcakes and we both decorated them.

And finally, this is a fruit tart that I make very often. My mom loves this tart because it is covered in fruits and is not overly sweet. It's simple but delicious.

If you'd like any one of these recipes, just ask and I can give you the website link or the name of the cookbook. Most of these recipes came from different websites and cookbooks, and I have adapted them to my taste but they are still great when followed as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment