Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Newborn Bunny Hat

I made another hat! This time it was a bunny hat for a newborn. The request was to make a white beanie cap with blue lined bunny ears and the baby's initial. I used Repeat Crafter Me's bunny hat pattern and omitted the bunny face and crocheted a small E near the bottom as requested. The bunny ears have pipe cleaners in them so it helps to keep them up and allows you to bend and twist them as you wish. I used a fuzzy blue yarn for the ear. This type of yarn is hard to crochet with because it is so fuzzy and it's hard to see the stitches you make. I felt like I was going at it blind, feeling for the stitches. 

I'm hoping the size is right. I don't have a newborn to test it on but I measured the circumference of the hat. Then, I Googled "average head circumference of a newborn" and it seems like the size should be right. (Fingers crossed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment